Wanted: site captains for April 22nd Great American Cleanup
Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful recruits volunteers to foster unity and strengthen community bonds through beautification and improvement efforts across Hillsborough County. Any individual, family, school, group, place of worship, business or government entity can coordinate or participate. For more than twenty years, this locally activated community improvement program brings the power of volunteers and sponsors together to inspire change and build sustainable, vibrant communities.
Sign up to be a Site Captain (link):
Projects may include:
- Community gardens (butterfly, sensory, vegetable)
- Habitat restoration
- Invasive plant removal
- Litter cleanups (waterways, roadways, shorelines, parks and underwater dives)
- Landscape maintenance and planting (weeding, trimming, etc.)
- Playground/park equipment restoration (painting, mulching, etc.)
- Storm drain marking
- Tree plantings
* Trash bags, water and soft gloves are provided.
Promotional give-a-ways available while supplies last.*